|Preparation Time||04 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
Read about 'Dalma Lemtil Stew - from Odisha'
1 cup toor/moong dal
1 cup assorted vegetables cut into cubes (Egg-plant, yam, elephant-foot yam, potato, cauliflower etc)
2 tbsps coconut fresh grated
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 red chili Dry 1 bay leaf
1 tbsp cumin seed
1 tbsp clarified butter
3 cups water
Salt to taste
1. Soak toor/ moong dal in warm water for 30 minute (Optional).
2. Cook dal till they are almost done. Add turmeric, bay leaf, salt & diced vegetables in it. Cover and cook till they are done.
3. In another pan heat ghee. Add panch phoran (see note below), dry red chili and let it splutter.
4. Add ginger paste and saute for a minute. Add this to cooked dal-vegetables and mix well. Mix grated coconut and switch off the same.
5. Dry roast cumin seed, dry red chili. Cool them and make powder of it.
6. Add this powder to dal and serve hot with rice.